Monday, October 11, 2004

First Politics, then Red Sox.......and Titans...........

...........

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that the democrats and their supporters (MoveON.org, InternationalANSWER.org) are dangerously encouraging our failure in Iraq and Afghanistan because it will help Bush lose the election?

Does anyone else think this is abominable? Actively encouraging our troops to defy direct orders, trying to scare people about the non-existent draft, encouraging attacks against US troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, trying to negate the results of the latest Afghani elections? All of this so that they can get Bush knocked down?

Well morons, it's backfiring, BIG TIME.

Afghanistan had its first elections in years. The first person to vote in it was a 19 year old refugee woman. Tell me the chances of that happening while the Taliban were still in charge. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Australia re-elects John Howard, choosing to ignore the Australian liberal media and choosing a leader who will remain commited to fighting Islamic terrorism. Tim Blair has some roundups of Aussies reactions, as well as good buddy Mike Jericho. No problems mate, we trusted you guys to pull it out. As the Allahpundit says, tough day for the Mujihadeen.

Ali at Iraq the Model notes that Al-Sistani has decreed that they better damn well hold the elections in Iraq on time. This is probably due to the fact that the Shiites would be foolish to lose an oppurtunity to regain political control of the country, being the largest majority in the region. Successful elections in Iraq and Afhganistan spell trouble for the mujihadeen, and they know it. Expect the last gasp to be one serious bang folks. I am assuming that these guys will go down swinging.

Oh, and here's a roundup of some good news from Iraq (shock!-Horror!)...

I haven't read the transcript from the debate, and I didn't see it because I was at dinner with a strikingly beautiful, intelligent woman on Friday (I know, I couldn't believe it either). I'll get to it when I get the chance. Next post will be sports related.

Idiot up!

No comments: