Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Is This Really Happening??

..........

The World Series. The Red Sox. Up 3-0 against the Cardinals.

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz making Gold Glove style plays on defense.

Pedro reverting to vintage Pedro and absolutely DOMINATING the Cards dangerous bats for seven innings.

One game and 27 outs from ending 86 years of torture. Magic number: 1.

'Course, this was kinda fun to watch.....



Now we have D-Lowe, hero of Game Seven in the ALCS versus the Spankees. If he can pull off the same magic, we are going to finally see a world series crown in Boston.

A World Series Crown in Boston. It just sounds weird. I dunno. All true members of Red Sox Nation will not believe it is truly ours until we see the final out called by the umpire thus confirming that we have won.

No sw**p talk either. Just win one more freaking game gentlemen. I wonder just how many of us Sox Fans are as exhausted as I am right now. Probably all of us.

People have been asking me what will happen if we finally win the series, how will we react, what will have to bitch about, blah blah blah. Well, guess what- I tell you when we get there. Until then, that is a matter of pure speculation, and I WILL NOT believe that this isn't some cruel dream I've been in for the last two weeks.

Best Moment Last Night: Two Yankees fans were at the bar we watched the game at last night wearing their Spankee colors (yeah I don't get it either). They tried the usual "1918" bullshit, to which we replied "don't worry fellas, there's always next year". It proceeded to get uglier, and it appeared to reach fighting words when my bud started using some colorful language to describe his recent relations with said Yankee fans mothers, and I thought that ass kicking would soon commence. Instead, Yankees fans took stock of their odds in the fight: Two drunk Yankee fans against a small horde of pumped up Red Sox fans. It was a lose/lose for them, so they quietly departed by the end of the eigth.

Classic moment. We got two YANKEE fans to shut the hell up and go home. Unbelievable. Never thought I'd live to see the day. What a ride this has been.

IDIOT UP BABEEE!!!!

No comments: