Thursday, October 21, 2004

So This Is What It Feels Like...............

.........

Victory huh? I like it. In my 32 years of existence on this planet I have never tasted such sweet October victory here in the Red Sox Nation. Yes, we won the pennant in '86 but it wasn't anywhere nearly as incredible as this. This was history. The greatest comeback ever in baseball post season. And to think that these Idiots were one out away from losing game four in the ninth inning against Mariano Rivera, the best closer to ever take the mound in the post season. Simply stunning folks.
People are asking if this will be all for naught if we don't win the World Series, and there is some truth to that. However, from now on, whenever a team goes down 0-3 in a seven game series, the Sox will get mentioned. Also, after the heartbreak we suffered a year and three days ago, popping the champagne in the Bronx has that extra little oomph about it. Watching Yankees fans throw down their Baseball hats in disgust is a prize worth savoring in Red Sox Nation for at least a few days.

Tonight I have my first relaxing evening in a week. Then we fire up this insane train again for another ride. Buckle Up kids, with these guys you know it's gonna be a rough ride.......

The Sports Guy opened his mail bag to give everyone a glimpse in to the life of we here in Red Sox Nation......my personal fave so far-
"I've gained 10 pounds in seven days (steady diet of pizza, McDonald's, and beer). I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night in a week. I can't form a rational thought in my head. I have ridiculously large bags under my eyes. I'm emotionally spent. I've listened to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" on my iPod 87 times in a row since Sunday with no interruptions. I have no voice. My immune system is as sturdy as balsa-wood. My thumbs hurt from the 673 text messages I've sent in the last 5 days. I haven't exercised in three weeks. My body is ready to crumble.


... AND I COULDN'T FEEL BETTER!


To the Yanks fans ... I'll refrain from the taunting I've endured from your end for years. All I have to say is welcome to 24 years of my life so far. The scene at the end of Shawshank Redemption when the warden looks in the lock box when the police are streaming down the road and he finally realizes Dufresne screwed him ... I'd like to think that's how Yankee Nation felt last night.


IDIOT UP BABEE!!!

No comments: