Monday, December 20, 2004

Sigh......Bring On the NFL Draft!!!...........

......

No joy in Titansland sportsfans, as my beloved Tennessee Titans lose their third straight 40-35 to the hated Oakland Raiders. I wanted to see them win this one because I REALLY REALLY hate the Radiers, and their work-release thugs passing as fans. There's a reason, a very good reason, they don't serve beer at Oakland home games. The analogy would be of the pouring gasoline on a fire type, which for delicate ears I will avoid.



Steve McNair tells Drew Bennett to "save some for next year.."


To make things even more annoying, Drew Bennett now has eight touchdowns over the last three games, tying an NFL record held by Jerry Rice (1987, '93). Billy Volek has thrown for 918 yards and 8 touchdowns in the last two games, both times losing the game. Suffice to say, the injury bug is no longer a bug, and now resembles an 800 pound gorilla hanging off the back of this team. There are more rookies starting each game than ever before, and over half of the original starting lineup is out for the season.

Feh....I cannot complain however, since this Red Sox fan finally made it to the promised land this year. Having two teams kick that much ass in one year is a little bit much to ask.

Here's what I got from my staff for Christmas, just to keep things in perspective...



My crew rocks....

No comments: