Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Football Ends Too Close to Valentines Day.

I mean seriously, I have to wean myself away from the NFL channel now that the season is over, as nothing exciting will happen in the NFL until the combines in a couple of months. And to top it off, now you want me to celebrate love and romance on Steve McNairs birthday?


Ain't happening folks.


I looked at my posts over the last two years worth of Valentines days, and well, I sense a theme.






This year will be no exception. I like to make it a tradition to read The Alt.Suicide.Holiday Valentine's Day Survival Kit, but my kit is basically consisting of copious amounts of Guiness and Jager, I consider it elegant simplicity. I have somehow been managing to end up single about this time every year, despite all signs to the contrary when the fall begins. It's either a curse or a blessing I suppose. I'm not saying I have commitment issues, it's just seems to have worked out this way the last couple of years. I will admit that as I get older I'm no longer interested in being with someone just for the sake of not being lonely, I am perfectly happy with my friends and current social scene. I just don't see the point anymore of dating someone if I can't see myself with them for a long time.


So back to the theme, I still believe that it is cruel and inhumane to force men and women like myself who love football to have to deal with this stupid holiday less than a week after the Pro-Bowl.


It just ain't right.





No comments: