Monday, March 31, 2008

More GoodTitans News: The Freak Speaks..

Thomas George, Senior Columnist for NFL.com has a pretty neat story about the return of one Jevon "the Freak" Kearse to the balmy shores of Nashville here. There are some great bits to the story, including a lot about Kearse's personal history that I wasn't aware of, but there is this one passage that will be music to many Titans fans ears-

"I've been through some mental games in life and in football" Kearse said. "There are things I have had to accept. But when that No. 90 is on my back once again, all the rest will speak for itself. By then, we won't have to worry about who is saying what. The Titans made a great decision drafting me out of Florida. They reaped the benefits. Now they get to reap the benefits again. I'm pissed off. They have a very experienced, soon-to-be-32-year-old freak. I'll make it a good thing."


Kearse says this is the first time in his career that he's taken part in voluntary pre-season workouts. If he really is this pissed off and and stays healthy this year, the Titans defensive line will be even more frightening than it was last year. This makes me, as a Titans fan, pretty farking excited. I'm sure the other QB's in the AFC are thrilled Jevon is back lining up opposite Vanden Bosch too.

Now let's see us get a freaking wideout who can burn and we're in business folks.

No comments: